If you’re looking for a fun way to spice up your breakfast routine, this Baked Egg and Roasted Veggie Casserole looks delicious!
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1.5 Kabocha squash
- 1 Tbsp. red onion
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup reduced far shredded cheese
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, squash and red onion and sprinkle with salt. Transfer veggies to a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing veggies once halfway through.
- Remove baking dish from oven and reduce oven temp to 375 degrees F.
- Break an egg into a cup and slip egg on top of the veggies. Repeat with all 6 eggs and bake for 5 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper, serve and enjoy
YIELDS: 3 servings
PER SERVING: 1 lean protein, 2 greens, 1 condiment