What a fun taco recipe!
- 3 cups of freshly shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Beef Taco Filling:
- 1 ¼ pound ground beef (can substitute chicken as seen in picture)
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup of water (if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F/ 175˚C.
- Place your cheese in neat piles on a non-greased baking sheet and bake for about eight minutes, until all the individual shreds melt into one disc. Be careful not to let the cheese color too much.
- Once they are all melted, let them cool for two minutes on your baking sheet, then lift them onto paper towels to blot off any excess grease.
- To form the shells, lay them over a propped-up utensil. (Or you can use anything in your kitchen — a wide bowl or saucepan could work too!) Set these aside to cool.
- Next, it’s time to make your taco filling!
- We used a quick beef taco filling by browning off some ground beef on a high heat.
- Then throw in your onion, garlic, and jalapeños right in with the cooked beef.
- Sprinkle over your taco seasoning packet and add water if you need it for a nice saucy filling.
YIELDS: 6 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean protein, 3 condiments (no add’l healthy fats needed)(still need to add 3 servings of greens to make this a complete lean and green meal)