Crockpot meals can make eating healthy so much easier during a hectic week. I’m excited to try this recipe. (adapted from Jo Cooks)
- Six -9 ounce chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 ¼ cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Place whole chicken breasts in your crockpot and pour the salsa over it. Cook anywhere from 1½ to 2 hours on high, you don’t want to cook it longer because it will start falling apart.
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Take a 8×8 baking dish or 9×13, depends how big your chicken breasts are, mine were fairly small, you can spray it with cooking spray if you want, but I didn’t, and carefully place the chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa (from the crockpot) over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it’s nice and golden brown, and you’ll see the sauce and cheese bubbling.
YIELDS: 7 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Leaner protein, 3 condiments, need to add 1 healthy fat and your greens for the day