Great dinner idea!
- 1 small to medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 lbs cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half, and removed seeds. Place in both halves in a microwave-safe bowl with an inch of water. Microwave for 10-12 minutes, or until tender (microwave times will vary based on exact size of squash to cool before handling. Use a fork to scrape out flesh into spaghetti-like strands. Measure out five cups; save extra for another meal.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat pan. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice, parsley, onion powder, salt and pepper, cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, and continue to cook until heated through. Remove from heat, and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Tip: Have a little extra time? Try baking your spaghetti squash. To do so, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Lay squash flat on a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
YIELD: 4 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Leanest, 3 Green, 2 Healthy Fat, 2 1/2 Condiments
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes