This would be such a great weekend meal!
- 1 lb uncooked 95 to 97% lean ground beef ~ 12 oz cooked (2 Leans)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (2 Condiments)
- 3/4 tsp salt (3 Condiments)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (1/2 Condiment)
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves (1 Condiment)
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves (1/2 Condiment)
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh cauliflower (4 Greens)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (4 Condiments)
- * 2 cups approved marinara sauce (8 Greens)
- 1 and 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese with 2 oz turkey pepperoni slices, divided (2 Leans)
- Over medium high heat, cook ground beef in a large skillet.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drain grease. Remove from heat.
- Add dried oregano, dried basil, cauliflower, parmesan cheese, marinara sauce and 1 oz of turkey pepperoni that has been cut into fourths to the ground beef until combined.
- Pour into a slow cooker that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and additional 1 ounce of turkey pepperoni.
- Cook for an additional 30 min on HIGH or until cheese has melted.
YIELDS: 4 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 3 Greens, and 3 Condiments per serving
* Here are some options for approved marinara sauces, but of course not limited to just these below. When choosing a sauce, it must have less than 5 g of Carbs per serving or 1/4 cup. The lower the calories, the better. I used Prego No Sugar Added Marinara Sauce for this recipe:
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Hunt’s Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce
- Trader Joes Traditional Pasta Sauce
- Organico Bello Marinara Sauce
- Prego No Sugar Added Marinara Sauce