- 2 1/2 lbs (40 oz) raw, boneless beef chuck clod roast (should yield six 5 oz cooked servings)
- 6 cups (1 1/4 lbs) whole mushrooms, trimmed
- 3 cups (7 to 8 large stalks), celery, roughly diced
- 3 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups (12 to 14) scallions, roughly chopped
Crockpot Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim all visible fat from roast.
- Rub black pepper and garlic onto roast; place in crockpot. Make several small slits in top of roast.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining spice blend ingredients; pour over meat.
- Cover; cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- Add vegetables during last 30 to 60 minutes of roasting.
YIELDS: 6 Servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean, 3 Greens and 3 Condiments (No Healthy fat required)